Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Arctic Monkeys

(From left) Alex Turner (lead vocals/guitar), Jamie Cook (rhythm guitar), Matt Helders (drums/vocals), and Nick O'Malley (bass guitar). This band from Sheffield, England has a unique style, sort of a indie/dance/punk rock style. Their album titled Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not got them semi famous when it was launched last year and sold over 360,000 copies. The singles were awesome, I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor and When the Sun Goes Down. Last March on Saturday Night Live, they performed I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor and A Certain Romance. They have released three EPs I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor, Who the Fuck Are the Arctic Monkeys, and recently released Leave Before the Lights Come On. Some people compare them to Franz Ferdinand, but I don't know who I would compare them to. Also if you need to thank any certain record company for this very unique indie band, you can thank Domino records.
What Band from the UK has a song on DDR Supernova?
hint: the song is Do You What To.

No comments: